Connect on LinkedIn
Are you passionate about Jesus, sports, and mentoring youth? Are you looking for opportunities to share the love of Christ in practical ways through life-on-life discipleship? Would you be excited to help lead a community based initiative that is transforming lives by the power of the Gospel?
Then consider joining I AM 24/7 as the new Program Director.
Research shows that some people may not apply for a role if they don’t check all the boxes of a job description. If you don’t check every box listed, that’s okay. We would love to hear from you if you are someone who has a passion for serving Christ and has both relational and administrative gifts.
What we’re seeking: First and foremost we are looking for a passionate follower of Jesus who believes in the power of life-on-life discipleship. We’re seeking a servant leader who is empathetic, proactive, detail-oriented, and a “people person” to serve as a Program Director. Our students currently consist of 60 boys ages 7-18 from Charlotte’s most vulnerable communities. The program director is responsible for managing administrative and programmatic operations and will work hand-in-hand with the Executive Director to fulfill the mission of I AM 24/7. The successful candidate will plan, organize, and lead a variety of initiatives. This position will require both logistical/administrative skills as well as an affinity for managing various programs. This is a unique position where a candidate would add a ton of value to not only the discipleship growth of the youth involved, but also to the overall organization.
● Support ED in overall planning & executing of mission and programs
● Plan and execute year-round enrichment activities and programming including, but not limited to, sports camps, sports leagues, faith-building and/or leadership-focused trips, and various events
● Coach for soccer or basketball team at a rec to intermediate level
● Help lead leadership development activities
● Build and manage partnerships with schools, churches and and community organizations/sports leagues
● Identify, establish, and nurture community resources to increase program opportunities for participants
● Spearhead volunteer outreach and recruitment for different teams, programs, and events and manage communication with the volunteer corps
● Assist in planning and executing fundraising events
● Coordinate transportation for youth participants for all programs and events
● Document youth, parent, and volunteer participation and outcomes
● Communicate with parents regarding programming content, goals, & outcomes
● Represent the love and character of Christ through daily lifestyle
● Encourage a Gospel unity and fellowship among participants
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
● Have a passion for working with youth ages 7-18 and heart for discipleship
● Maintain a level of professionalism consistent with organizational expectations
● Be able to build healthy and appropriate relationships with diverse individuals, including youth, families, community partners, and I AM 24/7 staff, including setting boundaries and maintaining confidentiality
● Take initiative and be proactive, whether completing mundane tasks or assessing strategic priorities.
● Be proficient with the Microsoft Suite of products including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
● Bachelor’s Degree and five years’ experience
● Master’s or Seminary Degree preferred, but not required
● Proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and other professionals
● Strong attention to detail and effective communicator, both written and oral
● Committed Christian active in a lifestyle of caring and sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ
This position offers attractive benefit packages including:
Located in the Grier Heights neighborhood close to uptown Charlotte.
Housing provided free of charge.
Flexible work hours